Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Mad Men Watch Out!

This reminded me of square dancing days. Swirly bottom, cute pattern, indented waistline. I adored the flowers and the material is crisp and cottony. Yum.

Here is a view from the back. I thought about turning the dress around - using the back as the front, but in the end decided on another tactic.

I had to tackle these sleeves first. Don't like the bow action so I used my seam ripper and took out the ribbon which released the elastic look. I then ironed the sleeves to make them smooth out.

I cinched and gathered the front a little and sewed it by hand to give the top a little more flair.



I added a wide black belt to the finished product and I think this is my newest fave! I haven't seen Mad Men but heard they are all about 50's clothes and this would fit right in, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment