Saturday, October 16, 2010

Welcome to Sew Creative with Karen!

A month or 2 ago I discovered the very inspirational and over-the-top creative blog called A New Dress a Day. You can view it at the following address: http://www.newdressaday.com/
The gist is the writer gave herself a challenge - only spend $365.00 (or a dollar a day) for a whole year of clothes shopping! She scours garage sales, thrift stores and dollar pile sales for her finds, takes them home, alters, cuts, sews, goes short, adds a sash here and there etc.and BINGO - the clothes are transformed into the cutest, most fashionable and stylish outfits.
Well, I love challenges, I still have my Singer machine from college and garage sales abound near where I live. So I have been having loads of fun re-creating the dollar clothes I have found. My creative juices are in full gear, my brain loves the learning curve and if I do say so, my closet is looking quite 'Project Runway". OK, sure, Heidi Klum will not be borrowing anything I own anytime soon, but my sewing chops are getting a workout and my inner fashion designer is in full bloom.
Yes, I feel SEW CREATIVE and that makes my life just that much more enjoyable. Follow me as I spend the coming year reinventing, restyling and saving big bucks at that!

1 comment:

  1. I love what you are doing! I was led here from NewDressADay and you have got it going on!

    ReplyDelete