Monday, October 18, 2010

Woodstock Here I Come

Oh yeah, child of the 60's I am! I loved this material and knew with a few minor adjustments, I'd be wearing flowers in my hair soon!
This is the back - notice the looped action. It made the dress lopsided so I pulled the string out and began to take the sides in to make the dress more fitted.

Shoulder Pads - Sooo 80's!! I used my seam ripper and got these babies out, out, out! Far out!
I had to cut these loops from the back since the string was now my new sash used around the waist.











As you can see, the sleeves also were shortened a bit too. I kept the longish length of the skirt though. I heard midi skirts are making a comeback!
Oh, and I recommend listening to Bob Dylan or Jefferson Airplane when recreating a dress like this.
After I wore the dress I decided it was still too long so I trimmed the hem and in total hippie fashion, left it un-hemmed with the frayed edges slightly exposed.











I used the leftover material from the hem as a scarf. Peace to all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment