Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Michele Obama and I Love Sweaters

Today I saw a picture of our first lady wearing an argyle sweater and I thought to myself, well, I am right up there as fashionable as Michelle Obama. Cool! Of course hers is not three or four sizes too big. So that will have to be first on the agenda.



Taking it in with my trusty Singer was easy as pie. I first pinned it and tried it on to check for sizing. Then I was ready to sew up the sides to make the sweater snuggy!




Once the seams were sewn, I tried it on. Perfect! Ready to trim the excess.




Lesson learned! Be careful when cutting excess fabric - I caught a bit of it when I was trimming and made this hole. Determined to fix this, I resewed the seam around the hole and presto, all betta! Luckily the sweater had some give and there was room to correct the mistake.



I chopped the sleeves to short length, rolled them up and WALA! We have a finished product. Target and Kohls' ads have these sweaters all over the front page and I got mine for ONE DOLLAR!



No comments:

Post a Comment