Thursday, November 4, 2010

House Dress BeGone!

I adored the colors in this dress. Pink and teal, 2 of my favorite combo colors. When I put the dress on I had flashbacks of Donna Reed Show and June Cleaver in Leave it to Beaver sans the pearls. I may have grown up watching these shows but I wasn't about to date myself fashion wise. So the make over begins.
The dress was actually my size so just a few minor adjustments were needed to bring it to super star status. I took the clothe belt out and snipped the belt loops. Then I simply folded the collar inside and made the front v-neck friendly. I top stitched
over the collar area to make it stay flat. The sleeves had to go too so I seam ripped them off and resewed the seam to stay put.

I added my favorite Daisy Fuentes gray cardigan and now am ready for Spring. Of course I realize that is months away but I can always daydream about daylight savings and fields of wildflowers, can't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment