Monday, November 1, 2010

Recreation = Re-Creation


As I was perusing a fashion magazine late last week, I saw the idea of turning a suit jacket into a vest. With this in mind I went scouting yards sales for a conservative gray or black suit jacket, preferably my size or close to it to avoid major altering.

BINGO! This jacket was snatched at a huge church rummage sale. BTW rummage sales are my faves as there are typically racks and racks of clothes to choose from.

Let's go to town on this!



Of course there were the standard shoulder pads to contend with. I wonder if these will someday come back in style. Maybe I should save them all just in case. LOL.
Now it was time to take the trusty seam ripper and remove the sleeves. Super easy going. Once they were both off, I sewed the sleeve seams secure and that's it!

This jacket had the extra bonus of NO BUTTONS! Which of course means no button holes to contend with. The velcro closures were so easy to remove with nary a trace left behind.

This will be so cute with a long sleeved t-shirt, a colorful tank top, add a belt and we are Project Runway ready. Hey, a girl can dream, can't she?

No comments:

Post a Comment