Thursday, November 11, 2010

Pearl Harbor Here I Come.

Only in my dreams of course but if I WAS heading to Oahu, wouldn't this be the dress I'd want to be decked out in? I was mad about the pearls down the back of the dress as well as the flower pattern and general feel of the dress. Ultra flow perfect for sashaying around Ala Moana Mall in downtown Waikiki....


A clever trick I learned from newdressaday.com is to simply turn the back of a dress into the front for a completely new look. This number was the perfect culprit for this little ruse.









I did need to shorten the hem a couple of inches and create a new slit in the back (which was formerly the front...). I used my seam ripper and let out a few inches in the middle seam and created the slit so my legs could have some breathing room.
Ah yes, the lovely and amazing shoulder pads. Seriously. I have enough of my own shoulders but thanks for thinking of me.

Took this photo so you could get a close up of the pearly buttons. I want these to be showcased.

I added a fave black belt, slipped on a black tank and unbuttoned those precious pearly buttons a few notches to let the front have all the attention..
Kind of took my breath away how cute this turned out. Another grand creation for $1.00. I'm on a roll, don't you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment