Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Very Merry Red!

















I was so taken by the color of this dress. Audrey Hepburn comes to mind for some reason. And her faithful dog Lola of course.

These shoulder pads have to be the largest ones yet. Off to Whoville they go where all shoulder pads can live in peace and harmony.
Now it was time to make some adjustments to the whole style of this dress. Clearly the uneven buttons were not going to fly. I was leaning toward more of a wrap idea not the shift style that it started out as. So I started to remove the buttons from the front.

Pads, buttons and one snap gone gone gone.
Next I opened up the top area and began to fold it in, keeping the collar intact. I then had to actually cut the bottom part of the dress down the middle. I made a simple little seam so it wasn't all raggedy. No Raggedy Ann seams for this dress.
The sleeves were breeze - I removed the button on the cuff while tacking it down so it would stay put. Forever. Amen.

Add a black tank, a pair of leggings underneath and a black belt and Shazaam! Wrap dress is, well, wrapped up! There are so many ways I could wear this - change the color of the tanks underneath and even throw on a pair of jeans. Go shopping at Target or have tea at the Ritz. Your choice. I'll follow your lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment