Wednesday, November 10, 2010

It's a Wrap

My new motto - one can never have too many black sweater wraps. Black cardigans, black coverups, black is just so...Angelina Jolie.


Ok yeah I get carried away. I admit it. But I was so excited when I found this beauty. The 2 major issues were as follows: the extra extra large size (which worked in my favor length-wise but not width-wise) and the attached sweater tank. Both very workable so I got right to it!

First on the agenda was the removal of the inside attached-for-life tank insert. I took sharp scissors and simply cut the inside right out. Bye Bye, no crying. Don't need ya, don't want ya.

After a pinning session to adjust the massive width, I sewed the seams.
Perfect fit! I then proceeded to trim the excess sweater fabric and grabbed a white tank for the after effect. L-O-V-E-D the finished product.

This is certainly a sweater I would have eyeballed at Kohls or JC Penneys and walked off with it, happy as a clam. Can't wait for more cold fall days necessitating a spin in my new wrap (did I mention it cost $1.00???).

and check this one out - only $118.00 at Soft Surroundings! AND they have it in black....I think I got the better deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment