Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Referee for Hire

I love black. I love white. Most of my wardrobe consists of these 2 basic go-to colors. What drew me to this sweater was the texture and the light weight quality plus the super bright hues. And hey, I can wear it with just about everything I own.

However we have a few issues. The neck of course was way too turtle-necky for my liking. And there were a couple of stains that actually came out with a little Oxi-clean and elbow grease.

Otherwise the size, sleeve length and wearability factor were rated 10! SCORE!

I bought it with the goal (dontcha just love the play on words...) of turning it into a cardigan/loose wrap top.
To be sure of centering it correctly, I laid it down on a flat surface and counted the knit/purl indentations from each of the shoulders until I reached the very center. Took out the sheers and just followed the knit line straight down.

I hand sewed the cut seams with black thread to make them clean and tidy. A winner in my book! Score 1 - 0 ($1.00, 0 credit card charge!)

No comments:

Post a Comment