Monday, November 8, 2010

Periwinkle Perfection

I absolutely ADORE this color of blue. I call it periwinkle which may be a legitimate Crayola Crayon color come to think of it. It is a mixture of blues and grays which are my faves. I found this dress at a outside garage sale with a bonus - a sweater in the exact same shade of blue. My lucky day, indeed. You bet I grabbed them both with gusto.













The sweater had a few minor unraveling issues that I took care of immediately with some periwinkle thread and needle. I wasn't going to let anything get in the way of my matching set!

I must address the neck. Not a fan of anything touching my neck so will be making this into a v-shape. Take off the first three buttons, fold over, stitch and Presto Change-o new neckline that I can live with.





I tried on the sweater and folded down the dress neckline to get a quick glimpse of where I was headed.


Mui bueno, yes?

I had to sacrifice the side pockets when I took the hip area in. Just needed a smidge of 2 inches or so and I was ready for the finished product. Rolled up the sleeves, grabbed the sweater, jauntily placed it over my shoulder and another make-over complete. Yeah baby.
Now I am ready for some blueberry yogurt, blueberry pancakes, blueberry jam on my PBJ sandwiches. Got to get the color co-ordinated thing going on.


No comments:

Post a Comment