Monday, November 15, 2010

Two into One


















This outfit was in my friend's closet. I was so taken by the flowers. Flowers just make a girl happy.


Pesky shoulder pads do not however. My shoulders are just perfect the way they are. Set near my neck, help me lift bags from Costco, important things like that. I do not need anymore material in this area of my body.

The blouse had these 2 slits up the sides. I chose to sew them shut since the blouse was soon not going to BE a blouse...

Ok follow me on this one. I wanted to make a one piece dress. With the blouse as the top and the sleeveless dress as the bottom. SO, I cut the sleeveless dress in half saved the bottom portion and discarded the sleeveless part. What was left of the sleeveless dress was a skirt. Next I took the blouse and pinned it to that skirt. I wanted it to be more form fitted so once the blouse was sewn to the skirt, I took the sides in. (Whew, no one ever accused me of being an English major. Hope you could understand that process!)Once the bottom and top were partnered with the help of my trusty sewing machine, I cleaned up the seams and trimmed the excess from the waist area. Wish it could be THAT easy to do on our bodies. LOL

I then went about trimming excess from sides to make the seam, well, seamless! Tidy, didy.










Time for a brand new hemline.
I had enough excess material for the various places I nipped and tucked to make a belt.And here we have it folks! Two into one. Where have all the flowers gone? To my closet!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! Love this Re-fashion! Great work!!!! Kisses from Portugal!

    ReplyDelete