Sunday, November 14, 2010

Red Jacket Stylin'

As the holidays approach, I am on the look out for red, red, anything red. This sweet little number was just the color I wanted. It needed a few tweaks but hey, that's what I am here for!

Ah yes, a familiar friend from long ago....shoulder pads. These were twisted sisters so they had to be snipped and flipped and sent to the land where all shoulder pads live.




Now it was time to make some decisions about the collar and buttons. It was a tad snug in the neck region and I am lovin' bolero style so I made the exec decision to take off the top 2 buttons. Ready for folding action.

Then there were these pockets. Sure, I am a fan. Who wants to always carry around a purse for Kleenex, lipstick, car keys? Pockets are an awesome invention. Still, these were just too much. Too big. Too on stage. I used the seam ripper and they came right off. As did the lint that literally lived at the bottom of each of these. Used a bit of spot remover for the dirt line which worked like a charm.

Pinned down the collar leaving one button as the main closure. I hand sewed this to avoid obvious seams, ran the iron over the new collar and presto bingo.....

Luuuuv this! I had to add my wintery hat and a black top underneath for effect. I think I may be ready for Santa. He's such a pal.

No comments:

Post a Comment