Friday, November 5, 2010

Rit Dye Parade

Still a fervent follower of Marissa Lynch and her wonderful website http://www.newdressaday.com/, I thought I'd get brave and try some of her dye-ing techniques. My first experiment was with this lacy number I purchased for the grand price of $.50 at a Sunday yard sale. The dye-ing is a learning process for me so I figure if I make any huge mistakes, I am only out 50 cents and can keep practicing until I get it right.

There were several stains throughout the blouse as well though I hoped that transforming the color would take care of them pronto. The color of this was blech against my skin but I was enamored with the lacy details on the sleeves and collar area. The fabric was delicate so I anticipated the new color would spell MAGIC!

I threw this scarf in the dye vat as well to make a matching set of teal loveliness!!


I soaked the blouse and scarf for an hour, let the dye have a chance to set and then washed them both. I LOVED how the lace details pop out on the front and sleeve area too. Couldn't wait to partner this with a tank.

Here we go with the pink and teal again. Reminds me of my favorite flavors of ice cream, chip mint and peppermint. Yummylicious.
The scarf is now super teal like and the flowers are still very evident. My dye-courage is getting stronger by the minute.



No comments:

Post a Comment